News & Announcements
September 25, 1998
AUTODESK FOUNDATION SEEKING TO HIRE
PBL NETWORK DIRECTOR
September 25, 1998
Job Posting for Project-Based Learning Network Director
Position: Project-Based Learning Network Director
Location: San Rafael, CA
Experience: 3-5 years progressively responsible experience as a teacher, trainer, and education professional with strong experience with project-based learning
Reports to: President, Autodesk Foundation
Salary: Very Competitive, $46K-77K depending on qualifications
The Autodesk Foundation is seeking a Project-Based Learning Network Director to lead the development of the PBL Network, a national network of schools and practitioners engaged in project-based learning ( see http://www.autodesk.com/foundation/pbl ). The Project-Based Learning Network Director coordinates ongoing network activities for more than 40 PBL Leadership Schools; networks with key regional and national teacher practitioners working in PBL; collaborates with the Foundation web team to develop structures for PBL support, dissemination, and communication; and collaborates with the Foundation's Director of Professional Development to provide PBL professional development opportunities for educators.
The Autodesk Foundation works to improve education for all students through programs it develops and operates. The foundation brokers resources, collaborates with schools and other school reform organizations, and supports a wide variety of educational events. The successful applicant must be comfortable working as part of a team, yet be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision. The candidate must have the ability to think about the "Big Picture" and implement the smallest of details simultaneously.
- Coordinates ongoing network activities of more than 40 PBL Leadership Schools, including electronic communications, monthly meetings, retreats, special topic meetings, etc.
- Leads the Foundation team in the ongoing design and implementation of the PBL Network.
- Networks with leading regional and national PBL teacher practitioners.
- Represents the Foundation as a presenter, consultant to schools, and as a public education liaison.
- Collaborates with the Foundation web team to identify and highlight successful PBL models for dissemination, and to establish support structures for school-to-school and practitioner-to-practitioner communication and sharing.
- Collaborates with the Foundation's Director of Professional Development to provide PBL professional development opportunities for educators, including workshops, institutes, and school-based institutes.
- Collaborates with the Foundation team to design and implement the annual PBL conference.
- Produces and brokers the development of outstanding PBL articles and resources for the AF website.
- Provides PBL workshops, presentations; guides and trains others to provide same.
- 3-5 years progressively responsible experience as a teacher, trainer, and education professional with strong experience with project-based learning.
- Experience working with teachers and administrators: coaching, facilitating meetings, providing training.
- Understanding of school reform issues and knowledge of school reform organizations.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, database management, electronic communications).
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Ross Kleinberg, Autodesk Foundation, 111 McInnis Parkway, San Rafael, CA 94903, Fax (415)507-6339, Email: . To learn more about the work of the Autodesk Foundation, visit our web site at http://www.autodesk.com/foundation/. Autodesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.