BaySCAN Health & Bioscience FutureCareers Expo
The Bay Area School-to-Career Action Network (BaySCAN), CSU Hayward, and UCSF announce the First Annual Health & Bioscience FutureCareers Expo. Join us on October 24, 2001 at Pacific Bell Park for the Bay Area's largest event for students, educators and businesses promoting learning and career exploration in the health and bioscience industries.
The Health & Bioscience FutureCareers Expo will promote industry knowledge, engaging school curriculum and connections to the workplace, and understanding of skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in the health and bioscience industries. It is an opportunity for over 1,000 students and teachers to network and learn from professionals in the field and for companies to connect to their future workforce -- all in a fun, exciting venue at the country's premier sporting facility, Pac Bell Park.
The day includes:
- Keynote address from a senior industry executive
- Workshops led by industry trainers that emphasize "lifelong learning" needed in the industry
- Career panels of industry professionals sharing their experiences and answering questions
- Power lunch with students networking with industry participants
- Industry recruitment fair for high school graduates and interns, as well as programs to hire and provide educational assistance to college students
- College recruitment fair for leading Bay Area colleges and universities
- Professional development and networking opportunities for educators
- Learn about the skills and knowledge needed to begin a career in health and bioscience industries
- Network with leading professionals
- Join workshops and panels with health and bioscience professionals where you can ask the hard questions about how to begin planning for your college and professional careers
- Interact with professionals in this high-growth industry at the career fair -- explore jobs and internships currently available at leading companies, circulate your resume and practice your networking skills!
- Make key industry contacts for classroom speakers and work-based learning opportunities at leading health and bioscience companies
- Participate in professional development sessions on creating engaging health and science curriculum, real-life projects and Health & Bioscience Career Academies and Pathways at your school
- Engage in workshops that mirror trainings provided to members of health & bioscience organizations on HR issues of leadership and diversity, new product and services briefings, and technology training
- Connect directly to your future workforce, early on and with high impact
- Raise the industry knowledge of not only students, but the teachers who will be training your future workforce
- Gain positive brand exposure among potential consumers and employees, and the public at large
- Capitalize on recruitment opportunities for current openings and awareness building for college and graduate school recruiting
You can get a feel for both the FutureCareers Expo and Pac Bell Park as a venue at the following web page: http://bayscan.org/fsnet/expo/.
For more information, contact .